There isn't always time for a ceremony so we like to mix up our matcha intake, and what better way than in your breakfast smoothie. This Chia Matcha Overnight Breakfast Smoothie from cottercrunch.com is a great way to start your day.
10-12 oz Coconut yogurt or Kefir yogurt (Plain or Vanilla) (Use Coconut yogurt for Vegan Option)
2-4 tsp matcha powder
6-8 oz Vanilla almond or coconut milk
Optional but recommended – 1 scoop vanilla protein (plant based or collagen protein work great)
1/4 cup chia seed (2 tbsp per cup)
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup to gluten free oats or granola
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Add yogurt/ kefir , banana, milk, and protein to a blend until smooth. Add your matcha powder (carefully), and cinnamon. The more matcha you use, the stronger the green tea taste, adjust accordingly. Blend again.
- This blend makes two servings or more. So set out 2 bowls or 2 glasses (one large if you want to use if for multiple days) In a small bowl or glass, add 2 tbsp of chia seed into each bowl or glass. Then add 2 -3 tbsp or more of your oats. Pour half your matcha smoothie into each bowl or cup.
- Mix each cup and let it sit over night in fridge.
- The next morning, top each bowl/cup with extra oats or granola, chia, and maple syrup.
- I also made a little matcha latte and poured extra on top of that before eating.
There are lots of other exciting healthy recipes over at cottercrunch.com